Friday, October 1, 2010

Lab B1

Another day of teaching a lesson...This time it was with the frisbee. We've been throwing the frisbees since the beginning of the semester, progressively worked our way up. Now it is time for us to teach some of the tasks involved with Ultimate Frisbee. I was assigned to teach the backhand throw through a hula hoop. I set up some of the hoops and split the class up into small groups to work on throwing through the target. The cues that I used were "Seeing the target" and "Pointing at the target." I think I also gave them the challenge of stepping back or throwing from a lower level. I also kept them interested by having them count how many times they could make it through the hoop without missing. I felt calm in teaching the class as I have gotten more comfortable in teaching tasks. However, I do feel I need to demonstrate the task more rather than just explaining it, as well as give more individual feedback. I believe if there was more time, the lesson could have met those standards, but that is why we're here right? This is where we get the practice, and I cannot wait to get more. I am very excited to be in this major and to become a Professional Educator. I am looking forward to seeing how I have improved by the end of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment