Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Intramural Team Captain

Playing sports all through High School is something that is hard to give up.  I played football, basketball, and baseball; all of which I was a team captain.  These past 2 years at Cortland have kept my competitive streak alive in allowing me to participate in Intramural Sports.  This Fall, I was the team captain for my Flag Football team, "Mel Kiper's Best Available," using the name from the title of College Football Analyst, Mel Kiper.  He names his "Best Available" when making his often inaccurate draft order selections.  Being the team captain, I took responsibility in attending meetings, informing my team of scheduled games, and being available for cancellations and rescheduling of games.  I was also the spokesperson on the field if there was ever a problem.  I was the one in charge of keeping my team under control.  I see myself as a leader in life and in sports.  Being a PE teacher takes a lot of leadership skills in keeping your kids under control and being the person to come to for advice or ideas.  I look forward to continuing to being the captain in the future Intramural Sports programs and being a leader in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment