Monday, December 6, 2010

NYS AHPERD Conference

This year was the first time I had to chance to attend the NYS AHPERD Conference at Turning Stone Resort and Convention Center.  I must say that it was an amazing experience.  I attended a few workshops solely based on Instant Activities, and learned a lot.  Instead of the normal stretching and running to get the blood pumping, we learned a variety of tag games, as well as other interesting warm ups. Being around the Cortland Alumni, teachers from all over the state, and other professionals, it reminded me why I want to be a Physical Education teacher.  We are still trying to prove our importance in schools, and if anyone attends this conference, they would be able to understand what we are all about. I hope to attend this conference every year and maybe even the National Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment